This Week At Quaife Engineering:
The early days at Quaife:
The early days at Quaife were spent manufacturing performance motorcycle gearkits, most notably close ratio 5-speed units for Triumph, BSA and Norton. We also took on subcontracted work from AMC; the makers of Matchless and AJS motorcycles.
Quaife gearkits were used to achieve victories in the Daytona Speedway and Isle of Man TT. Here, Paul Smart and Percy Tait are letting rip in 1971 on Quaife equipped Triumph Tridents.
Click here to take a look at some of our other projects from throughout the years – http://bit.ly/2ARP9Vd
Quaife Engineering Gear Cutting Capabilities:
Here at Quaife, we can cut gears up to 0.5m in diameter and have a huge range of tools to suit a very large number of tooth forms and sizes.
As a specialist in transmission components, we are experts in gear cutting techniques and can offer advice and technical expertise on the science behind this complicated area.
Our gear cutting capabilities include:
· 1 Liebherr LSE380 Shaper with Automation
· 4 Sykes H160 Gear Hobbing Machines
· 2 Sykes V400 NC Gear Shapers
· 2 Genetron CNC Gear Shapers
· 1 Barber Coleman Gear Hobbing Machine
· 2 Maxicut Rack Cutting Machines
· 1 Kashi Fuji CNC Gear Hobbing Machine
· 1 Gleason Phauter CNC Gear Hobbing Machine
· 1 Liebherr LC180 Automated Gear Hobbing Machine
· 2 Gleason P60 Automated Gear Hobbing Machine
· 2 Gleason P100 Automated Gear Hobbing Machine
· 2 Pfauter Gear Hobbing Machines
· 1 Fellows Gear Shaper
Click here for more information on our capabilities – http://bit.ly/2ynNjui
Something different to the GT40s we’re used to from Le Mans Coupes: