Congratulations to Andy at AJD Off Road Ltd who won the 2023 All Wheel Drive Club Britpart Safari Championship in his Milner R5, fitted with a QBE69G sequential gearbox!
It’s the oldest most prestigious Off Road Racing Championship and Trophy in the UK, being contested for over 50 years.
The AWDC Championship is run over 8 rounds with a typical entry of around 50 cars. The courses are set between 5 or 8 miles long and around 8 laps per event with the times being added together to declare the results.
His results were as follows:
- Round 1 (Walters arena): 1st Overall
- Round 2 (Dorset): 1st Overall
- Round 3 (Ebbw Vale): 1st Overall
- Round 4 (Minehead): 1st Overall
- Round 5 (Walters arena): Dropped as he went to Goodwood Festival of Speed where he won the Off Road Arena shootout
- Round 6 (Ilfracombe): 10th Overall due to mechanical failure
- Round 7 (Walters arena): 2nd Overall
- Round 8 (Walters arena): 12th Overall. He cruised to save the car and win the Championship
Congratulations again to Andy and the team at AJD for their massive achievement and thank you for choosing Quaife!
The specification of the car is as follows:
- AJD Milner R5
- Full space Frame Off Road race car.
- Fibre glass body
- Quaife QBE69G 6 speed sequential gearbox.
- Permanent 4 wheel drive AJD Milner diffs with Gripper centres and Ford 9 inch crown wheels and pinions
- Rear mounted 5.5 ltr short stroked LSV8 engine
- MAX POWER 450bhp at 7600 RPM
- Weddle industries Centreforce Off Road racing twin plate ceramic clutch and flywheel kit.
- Double wishbone fully independent suspension.
- 2.5 series internal bypass coil over FOX Racing shock absorbers with adjustable damping.
- The car weighs 1360 kilos
For more information on the QBE69G, please click here