The Getrag F20 5-speed manual transmission was used in many of General Motors European range of vehicles during the 1980’s and 1990’s. The popularity of these models transferred to the racetrack, leading Quaife to design and manufacture the QBE21C 5-Speed Sequential Gearbox.
Most notably fitted to GM’s 2.0-litre range of vehicles, the Getrag F20 5-speed manual transmission was the mainstay of higher powered Vauxhall and Opel vehicles in the 80’s and 90’s. The Vauxhall Astra 2.0i GTE 16 valve, Vauxhall Cavalier GSi 2000 and Vauxhall Calibra 2.0i were three popular sporting vehicles that appealed to accessible performance car fans at the time. Opel badged cars fitted with the F20 included variants of the Vectra A, Astra F and Kadett E.
Launched in 2016, the Quaife QBE21C 5-Speed Sequential Gearbox is the ideal choice for the racetrack. It features a strengthened outer casing and bellhousing to cope with performance applications with the utmost reliability. Racers benefit from an ultra-fast gearshift with a transmission that features five wider than standard gears for additional strength. Manufactured using EN39 grade steel, this product, like all of Quaife’s precision engineered driveline components, is formally recognised by IS09001-2008 accreditation.
Key features of the QBE21C:
- Supplied fully assembled
- Includes Quaife ATB differential or plate type LSD
- Retains OE F20 driveshafts
- Optional LED digital gear position indicator available
- Choice of either manual gear lever or paddleshift actuator included
- Drum style shift mechanism for fast reliable gear changes
- Gearbox mounts will require fabrication to suit
- New generation of gear mechanism allows application into front or rear wheel drive configurations
- Compatible with flat shift systems
- Includes Oil Temperature Sensor
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
2.417 1.611 1.263 1.000 0.852
3.100 2.067 1.611 1.333 1.136
Final drive ratios