It’s fair to say, developing racing components for a mini-MPV isn’t something you’d expect from a manufacturer of performance driveline components. After all, cars in this sector are all about practicality, fuel efficiency and safety, rather than power, torque and handling. Nevertheless, Quaife were approached by Italian engineering group MTM s.r.l in 2012, to design and develop a sequential transmission suitable for the Kia Venga. The reason? A one-make racing championship!
The Quaife QKE5U 5-Speed Sequential Gearkit is the result, developed alongside the ATB differential suitable for this application. Both products are race-proven, and as you’d expect from Quaife, precision engineered for the utmost quality and reliability. What’s more, both products are compatible with any Hyundai-Kia model fitted with the firm’s ZD48 transmission, including the Kia Soul and Hyundai i20 / ix20. Contact your local Hyundai/Kia dealership or head office to confirm the transmission fitted in your vehicle. We recommend you have the vehicle’s VIN to hand.
Key technical features:
- Designed for the Kia Venga, (2009 – current)
- Direct replacement for standard gearbox using original bellhousing
- Retains stock clutch, differential, driveshafts and mounts
- Optional Quaife ATB differential, (QDH23B)
- 5-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Race proven in a one-make championship
- Supplied with sequential lever and cable
- Compatible with flat shift systems
- Compatible with Hyundai-Kia vehicles equipped with the ZD48 transmission
1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th
3.200 2.231 1.800 1.471 1.211
Final drive ratio: